Tuesday, April 6, 2010
My Favorite Thing
I love a lot of things about my new house, but today, I decided on my very favorite thing. Kitty corner from my house is a huge beautiful Lutheran Church. It has church bells that chime every hour, which I love. But it is the best at noon and 6p.m. At both of those times, the bells play a hymn. And not just like 10 seconds of one, but several verses. Yesterday it played "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" and today it played "Up from the grave he arose" and "All hail the power of Jesus name". I have always loved hymns. And now I love that once a day, all I have to do to hear one is to walk onto my front porch and listen. Today, KVP and I listened while sitting on my front porch sipping Starbucks and chatting about life. It was wonderful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it WAS wonderful. and i said i wanted to go to starbucks! i just like it too much :)
ReplyDelete