Thursday, May 5, 2011

Joyful

Ah, back to real life. This week and next week, I will be working more than I have in a long time. I have several extra school events, plus more than usual work at the Gap. Despite the heavy workload, I feel like I can handle it, because I have one amazing week behind me.

As most of you know by now, I heard last week that I got my dream teaching job. I would have been happy to get any full time teaching job, but I am so excited about this. When the principal called she said, "I think you are the perfect fit and I can't wait to work with you!" It is at a school I love and an environment that I know I thrive in. I will also get to work closely with the woman I am replacing for the next few weeks and get ideas of what she has done, but also to discuss new ideas. I feel like getting this job is one of my biggest accomplishments to date. I feel like I really had to work hard to get it and it paid off.

The other wonderful thing that happened last weekend was my family was in town! I got to spend a ton of time with my brothers and sisters in law and my wonderful niece and nephew, Halli and Miles. They were so cute and so much fun. Halli is at a great age. She would just snuggle on the couch with me and let me read books to her forever. It was awesome.

I also can't forget tha I got see KVP this weekend and spend some quality time with Kristin. It was great to get to celebrate at Erin's wedding and see some Omaha friends.

So, when I complain next week about being tired and miserable, please, someone remind me that life is good.



Miles watching water pop out of a machine at the children's museum



Shopping with Halli at the Children's museum. She loved being a cashier.




Guess where aunt mary bought their Easter clothes?




Discovering the bean.

1 comment: