Wednesday, June 1, 2011

You've Been Flocked!

A few months ago, my 8th graders were asking me about fundraising idea. I told them that when I was in high school, our youth group did a fund raiser where we put plastic flamingos on peoples lawns and made them pay us to take them down. After that, they kept asking me for my address, because they wanted to do it to my house. They never found where I lived, but they did the next best thing. The "flocked" my room. I came to school on Tuesday morning and opened my door to a room filled with over 100 pictures of flamingos. I laughed so hard. I am going to miss that class so much and even though it was a prank, it meant so much to me that they thought I was worth pranking and knew I would love it. Then, during class, they presented me with a stuffed flamingo with their names on it. Good luck, class of 2011, you will be missed!




2 comments: