Tonight, while Nick was away at a work party, I decided to go get some dinner for myself. I put on my coat and scarf and went to put on my shoes. I put my foot into my shoe, but couln't get my foot in all the way. "Strange" I thought. "Maybe there is a rolled up sock down there". Without thinking anything of it, I shoved my hand in my shoe to take out the sock. Much to my dismay, my sock was hard, fuzzy, and oh yes, it had a tail! So joke, there was a dead mouse in my shoe. I screamed, threw my shoe, washed my hands, screamed some more. With no heroic husband around to save me, I threw my shoes into a plastic bag, tied it tight, and ran down to the dumpster. Thank you Kristin Moulton, for these shoes that have served me well for 3 years. They have seen their last day today and will become the final resting place for my rodent friend. So moral of the story is....always look in your shoe before you put it on your foot...and if you have a mouse, don't waste money on a trap. Just put out a smelly pair of old sneakers. It'll get the job done.
And if you don't beleive me, here's a picture.
As a person who has had a mouse in their bed...I feel your pain. I am also very impressed that in the midst of your panic, you took the time to photograph the situation for your blog. What a loyal blogger you've become!
ReplyDeleteahhh!! gross! may the shoes rest in peace. they served you well. hopefully the mouse didn't have any friends that are still hanging around!
ReplyDelete