Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Cheesy and Nostalgic

One of my biggest flaws (or maybe its not so bad) is my nostalgia. Up until a few years ago, I was always unhappy with whatever was going on in my life, because I was too wrapped up in the past, and wishing things could go back to a simpler time. For example, I spent my entire freshman year of highschool wishing I could go back to Junior High (which I hated). And I pretty much missed what was going on around me my entire year at NPU, because all I could think about was how much I missed Nebraska. This afternoon, I let a little part of that personality run wild. Out of sheer boredom, I began looking at old facebook albums, which eventually led me to look at websites of places that have been important to me, like Central High School, Covenant Cedars, Pilgrim Pines, Covenant Harbor, and of course North Park. As I was looking at the pictures, news, and websites about all of these people and places that have meant (and do mean) so much to me, I found myself not wishing I could go back to those times, but being really grateful that those people and places really and truly did shape me into the person I am today. And despite the fact that life is (and never will be) perfect, I am so thankful for the places, my experiences, and my relationships that have brought me to this point.


Nothing like a philosophical epiphany to liven up a boring Tuesday afternoon.

Some of my favorites that I stumbled across:



From 4th-12th grade, Allison was my closest friend from Cedars.


I wouldn't have made it through freshman year without her. We were supposed to be studying for finals.


We didn't win a single game that tournament, but that weekend changed my life.


Pilgrim Pines was the last place on earth I wanted to be that summer. Best decision I ever made.


If you were there, you know.




I love him.


One of my favorite places on earth.


One of the most difficult summers of my life, but I learned a lot about myself


I laughed more in this weekend than I can remember ever laughing in two days.


Best day ever.

2 comments: