Thursday, January 28, 2010
Encouragement
Today was one of those days where I remembered why I wanted to be a teacher. Some of my seventh graders were packing up boxes of supplies for Haiti and carrying them across the street. One of my girls said, "I feel like i'm moving with all these boxes, and I hate moving." Then I said, "I know the feeling. I am moving in a few months and I am not looking forward to packing up all my stuff." All of the sudden, she gets this really worried look on her face and says, "YOU'RE LEAVING!?!?" She had misinterpreted me and thought I was moving away from Chicago and leaving St. Philip. I said, "Nope, I'm just moving houses in Chicago. I'll still be here." She looked relieved and said. "PHEW". That one exhale from her made my whole week. It made me feel loved and it made me feel like what I do is worthwhile. I needed a day like today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
thats so great! they love you :)
ReplyDeletethat made me teary.
ReplyDelete